The Sunbed Association – Should you join?
The Sunbed Association
The Sunbed Association (TSA) is the Voice of the Industry for tanning salon operators, manufacturers and distributors of indoor tanning equipment. Sunbed users seek out members of TSA where they can tan responsibly and with confidence.
By joining the TSA as a tanning operator, you are publically promoting the fact that you practice safe and responsible tanning. This is because the TSA has an operating code of practice, which all members must sign and agree to operate to.
Top 10 reasons to join:
- Have a voice in your industry!
- Demonstrate to customers and staff your commitment to best practice.
- Demonstrate to the regulatory and enforcement agencies that you are committed to operating to best practice.
- New customers generated as a result of TSA media activities driving sunbed users into TSA member salons.
- Support the important ‘behind the scenes work of TSA including lobbying, media activity, stakeholder meetings…etc.
- Distinguish your business in the marketplace.
- Network with other salon operators – large and small.
- Be at the forefront of all industry developments and initiatives.
- The stronger our membership, the louder our voice against our adversaries.
- Your industry needs you!
Additional benefits include:
- Dedicated 24/7 membership information and helpline.
- Access to Member-only insurance policy with £2m treatment risk cover and 24/7 legal advice helpline.
- Annual certificate of membership to display in your salon.
- Date specific membership decal for salon window.
- Use of The Sunbed Association logo on your marketing materials, including website.
- SHINE newsletter 4 times a year packed with news, offers and important industry information.
- Sunbed Protocols, which provide a checklist to ensure you/your staff, are implementing correct procedures.
- The Sunbed Code; HSE Guidance Note; Tanning Guide.
- Model Risk Assessment.
- No-one Under 18 guidance and poster and Validate UK information pack.
- Fact Sheets and leaflets on key issues including 0.3.
- Preferential rates for training manual and online training course.
- Access to Member-only marketing materials and campaign pack.
- Discounts and preferential rates for useful products and services for your business.
- Business Buddy Workshops – run by successful tanning salon operators.
How to apply
The easiest way to apply is via The Sunbed Association website – found here. However, if you wish to speak to someone from the TSA first you can contact them on 0844 251 2559.